Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Man in My Life


Thanks for the tag Kristel! This was a fun one, based on the fact that I’m my husband’s biggest fan!

What's your husband's name? Paul Stephen Fairbanks

How long have you been married? Almost 6 years

How long did you date? Met in Septmeber 2002, started dating in November, married in March 2003. Start to finish 5 months dating to marriage!

How old is he? 29 next week

Who eats more sweets? That’s a toss-up! We’re bad for each other!

Who said "I Love You" first? He did and I immediately reciporcated
Who is taller? Paul, by 13 inches!
Who is a better singer? Me, although Paul has a very nice voice and likes to make up silly songs for the kids. It makes me laugh!
Who is smarter? Depends. We’re both smart about lots of different things. He’s definitely the mathematical brains of the family. Superb at all sorts of intrical thinking and problem solving. But he could never tell me how to bake a loaf of bread! It just depends!
Who does the laundry? Me most of the time unless he sees me all stressed out about it. Then he tells me to step aside while he orders me to go sit and watch an episode of Gilmore Girls or something like that!
Who pays the bills? I used to until three kids comsumed my life and I just couldn’t do it! He set up an awesome system (way better than mine) and he does all of it now. I love it!
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Paul
Does he snore? Yes! And it drives me nuts. I have the sensitive ears of a mom waiting for a baby to cry and so when he starts snoring, I can’t stand it. Poor guy gets kicked all night by me while he keeps saying, “What?” “You’re snoring again.” “No I’m not, I’m not even asleep.” “Well you must be because I feel like I’m sleeping next to a Mack Truck.” And then it starts all over again 20 minutes later until I finally drift off. But he will deny this whole story! :)

What does he do in his spare time? Watches ESPN and sports of any kind, plays basketball, talks to his family, loves it when my brother comes over to play the Wii with him, plays basketball every week, takes me on dates, plays with the kids a ton (they just adore their daddy, and just spends time with me!

Who mows the lawn? He does. I asked him to show me how to use it if he ever needed help but he loves to mow so I still don’t have a clue. He bought a new riding lawn-mower this last summer and he loves it. He says it therapeutic and he says there’s nothing as great as looking at the freshly mowed lawn and admiring how great it looks!
What is his favorite candy bar? Twix, but it used to be Snickers.
Who cooks dinner? I do most the time, but he’ll cook occasionally. I don’t profess to be the greatest at giving him a hot meal every night. Fruit Loops, anyone?! But I really try! He usually lucks out about three to four times a week. We really like to eat out too – not healthy. We need to stop!
Who drives? Paul, and I love it. The kids are always screaming for something and so then I can help them. Though now that I’ve put it in words and think about it…sounds like he’s got the good deal there, huh? But I don’t like driving. I just like sitting while I pick out music we can sing to on the ipod!
Who is the first to say they are wrong? We’re both pretty good at that.
Who kissed who first? Mutual kiss and very cute. He asked me if he could and of course I said yes!
Who asked who out first? Paul asked me out first. Very unlike him if you know him well. I guess I got lucky
Who wears the pants? Both of us. We have a real good working relationship that gives and takes as it needs to. It’s never been an issue as to who’s in charge. We’re in this together!
You're It: Ashley Stallings, Erica Finley, Brigitte Papa, Rachel Carter

1 comment:

Kristel said...

That's exactly how Evan feels about the lawn and yard! Thrives off having a well groomed yard. I raked the leaves while he was at work the other day and he was disappointed I did it before he could!

Sounds like you have a great guy!