Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Memories

This has by far been our greatest Christmas! It just seems to get better every year as the kids get older. I think that Paul and I were more excited than they were - we couldn't wait to see their faces! Santa pulled through this year after a very difficult search for one of the season's hottest toys - the Barbie Diamond Castle. He finally found one in California and had some help from one of Paul's sisters (thanks Denise!). They got the Barbie dolls to match and they were in heaven! And Paul, as always, outdid himself and spoiled me with the camera of my dreams! I was totally shocked and so excited! My efforts at spoiling him never seem to work and he remains champion once again. He got a new suit which he looks fantastic in! So now I've got a whole year to plan something really amazing for him next Christmas! It was a great day full of family and food and play! We got stuck in the snow on our way to my parents house and were saved by a man that lived nearby and pulled us out with his truck and a chain. We were in two feet of snow and could barely open our doors to get out but we finally made it! We also got to talk to my brother who is on a mission which was great! I just love Christmas! It was a great day and I'm sure next year will be even more fun as the kids grow!
Playing with the Barbie Castle

Paul opening gifts

Sarah helping Carter with a gift

Kate and Liz in some of their new attire - robes, sweaters, jeans, shirts, slippers, and backpacks
Kate sporting her new chefs outfit so she can help mommy in the kitchen
Liz playing with her new Barbie

Carter LOVES Christmas! His new outfit makes him look so big!

A sideways glance!

Those big brown eyes just melt my heart!

No comments: