Friday, August 28, 2009

Kate's First Day of Kindergarten

WOW!!!! I can't believe I have a child in school...and still I'd say that it was time. Of course there were no tears on her part - only mine! Every parent that has experienced this knows that the tears are bitter-sweet. Bitter for the passing time you can't seem to stop and the fact that she needs me a little less than she did the day before. Bitter because before I know it she'll be walking across the platform of her college AlmaMater. Sweet because you love to see her confident and independent. Sweet because a new world has opened up to her - one that will offer her knowledge and direction. Sweet because I love to see her becoming the person she was born to be. Still, I can't help but want to be there every moment - to watch her, protect her, love her. Letting go is inevitable - it's just hard to go quietly. But, as the saying goes, change is good. And I love to see her happy. So here's to you Kate - and your first day of Kindergarten!
Kate in her brand new outfit for school (thanks grandma Packard!)! She's SO excited! She's also sporting a new short haircut!

Kate about to walk into class with Mrs. Barzee. She's wearing a pretty hawaiian lei that was put on her by a teacher. They had a Hawaiian theme and all the teachers were in grass skirts! All the students wore necklaces! The whole school was just amazing and so fun!

Coming out of her first day of school ("I already have tons of homework!") It wasn't that much:)

Kate sitting on the bus for the first time - ready to come home from her first day. She LOVES the bus!

Getting off the bus after her first day - such a big girl!

10 comments:

5fords said...

Kate looks oh so cute with the new hair cut. Just wait....joseph is in 3rd and sophie is in 1st!! I am glad to see you blogging again, I was getting a little worried about you, nice to know you are still out there somewhere. Miss you guys!

Platte and Heather said...

I have been checking this for weeks and I am so glad you finally posted! It looks like you had so much fun this summer and did tons of great things! Kate looks absolutely beautiful with her hair like that! I love it short. I can't believe you have a child in Kindergarten. Wow! Well, let's chat sometime! Love you!

The Coleman Family said...

So sweet!! School is wonderful in so many ways! Lindsay just started first grade and is loving it too!

I have to ask though, did you follow the bus?

shauna said...

Heidi started school and the weirdest thing is that normally I know what she is doing everyday and I can tell Ben little stories about her from the day. But now I keep asking her to tell me stories because I have NO CLUE what she does after I drop her off. All she ever says is that she did nothing. Love her short hair.

Andrea McEntire said...

Kate looks adorable. What a little heart breaker.

Rachel said...

Bittersweet is the perfect word for sending your little one off to school. I still miss Alessia periodically throughout the day and always look forward to Fridays so we can have the weekend to hang out as a family. Kate is the cutest Kindergartener!

Kristel said...

Hey Sarah, sorry to bug you. I have a question about memory mixer. Is it possible to scan or create your own embellishment? If it is, I can't figure out how to do it! Thanks so much! Kristel

Papa Paradigm said...

Wow, I have been a blog slacker! Looks like you guys have had a fun summer and I can't believe Kate is in school now. Cute pictures.

Laurie said...

very cute! You've gotta love when they start homework complaints...

Kristel said...

Thanks Sarah, now I will stop driving myself crazy by trying to make memory mixer do it! I don't have a photoshop or similar program so I'll just leave those creations to later in life! I am, however, making the baby's announcement through MM and am looking forward to doing Christmas cards that way too!

Barb's wedding and reception turned out fabulously! Bummer the kids were sick, I hope they are all better.