Sunday, June 7, 2009

In a Nutshell

Wow, May really must have been a crazy month because it's been forever since I posted and I'm feeling out of the loop! To start with, Kate and Lizzie started their first semester of preschool together. This is Kate's fourth time but it's the first time they've ever gotten to do it together and Lizzie's very first time. I have actually liked the time with just Carter and I. It's helped me regain a little sanity and free time. Then we celebrated Kate's fifth birthday on the 21st and had a blast! She was so excited to turn five cuz she knows that this is the year that she starts school and gets to start a lot of new things. She had a birthday party with just the family and then she had a birthday party with her friends for the very first time and although I was a little nervous about it, it was SO fun and I loved it! The night before her party she was playing around in our bedroom and hit her eye on the corner of the windowsill and got a MAJOR black eye. She was so distraught and in a fit of tears turned to us and said, "I can't have my party tomorrow! I don't want my friends to see me like this cuz they will all freak out!" I was trying so hard not to laugh because it was so cute and it was the first time that I had ever seen her concerned about her vanity. Of course by morning she was over it and we had a High School Musical Birthday party that was one to remember! What a fun month!
Kate and Liz on their first day of preschool together. Cute!

The birthday party gang!

Kate in her new skirt and shirt - also sporting a new black eye!

Happy fifth birthday Kate!

A monster High School Musical cake! It was SO yummy!


5 comments:

The Fairbanks Clan said...

Looks like fun, thanks for the update. Have you moved yet?

Platte and Heather said...

I'm glad you finally updated. Your girls are just beautiful! What is going on with the move? Has anyone bought your house yet? I hope all is well. I will call you soon.

5fords said...

Happy Birthday Kate! She is so cute. Today was Joseph and Sophie's last day of school. This year they were gone all day, so it was just me and Joel. I LOVED it. One on one time with the baby is the best. Hope all is going well with you guys. Miss you!

Brandi said...

Hey, Sarah! I sent you an email awhile back, but it might have been a wrong email. Anyway, your family is adorable! You look great, too! I would love to stay in touch with you. I have two blogs. One is just a craft blog and the other is my family blog (but it's private-send me a message and I'll add you to my list!)
www.dillydabbler.blogspot.com
and
www.ebsalway.blogspot.com
Hope to hear from you! I think our kids are all about the same age. So fun!
-Brandi (Elliott) Salway

Andrea McEntire said...

I think the High School Musical cake and the black eye compliment each other very well!:) Looks like fun!